What effect will COVID-19 have on our Food and Bakery Supply?
With so much human interaction involved in the production of consumable products, will consumers begin to rethink and worry about buying baked goods such as muffins, bread, pies, cakes and cookies? How about pre-packaged proteins and sauces? READ MORE
Studies show that up to 40% of food is wasted in North America. Being part of the food manufacturing industry, we all have a responsibility to help reduce food waste. — how about we start with reviewing manufacturing processes at all levels. READ MORE
PACK EXPO Connects
Virtual Event – November 9-13, 2020
We were exhibitors at this one-of-a-kind event, filled with live chats, live product demos, and engaging educational opportunities!
Make sure to check out our virtual showroom!
We presented four live product demos during this event:
- Sauce depositing over a Horizontal Form, Fill, Seal Line with a Cobot
- November 9 – 10:30 AM – 10:45 AM Central Time (US & Canada)
- We talked about how our cobot, the Baker-Bot, efficiently and safely deposits sauce over an HFFS line between human workers. Great for distancing and controlling cross-contamination. We addressed the importance of clean cut-off, accuracy and portion control, setup and clean up, and typical applications.
- Robotic End of Line Palletizing with a Cobot
- November 10 – 12:30 PM – 12:45 PM Central Time (US & Canada)
- A quick demo with Q&A about how our Baker-Bot Cobot can be used for end of line palletizing. We addressed guarding, scaling, flexibility, ease of use, and speed.
- Robotic Pick ‘n’ Place over conveyors
- November 11 – 11:30 AM – 11:45 AM Central Time (US & Canada)
- An overview of the options and applications that the Baker-Bot cobot can handle. From delicate snack cakes to single-serve packages, the Baker-Bot can accurately pick ‘n’ place from your conveyors. We addressed the types of applications, accuracy, speed, gentle handling, and types of grippers.
- Robotic tray loading, unloading and racking with a Cobot
- November 12 – 11:30 AM – 11:45 AM Central Time (US & Canada)
- A quick demo and Q&A on how our Baker-Bot Cobot can easily handle all of your front of line and end of line tray loading, unloading, and racking. We discussed loading pans and trays onto a conveyor, scaling, unloading at the end of line, and single or dual racking applications.
2020 Apex Motion Control Virtual Tradeshow
Virtual Event – June 25, 2020
NOW AVAILABLE ON DEMAND – Watch anytime, anywhere — Get Access and Start Watching
Due to the cancellation of the IDDBA this year, we hosted our own event live from our plant just outside of Vancouver, Canada with a few of our close friends. The event featured equipment from Unifiller, Handtmann, FME and Apex Motion Control. Questions were answered as we walked through the booth demonstrating the equipment.
We had a fully equipped booth with:
- Robotics and automation including the Baker-Bot 3 and 10 and the Tray Feeder,
- Cookie Depositor from FME
- Multi-Station from Unifiller
- Depositing station from Handtmann